Do’s & Don’ts When Using Styling Spray
ing sprays, such as FUL's Styling Spray are a must-have for achieving the perfect hairstyle, but using them incorrectly can lead to disaster. Here are some do's and don'ts to keep in mind when using styling spray.
- Choose the right spray for your hair type and desired style. If you have fine hair, opt for a lightweight formula. If you want to add volume, look for a volumising spray.
- Apply the spray to dry hair. Wet hair can dilute the product and make it less effective.
- Hold the spray bottle 8-12 inches away from your head. This will help to distribute the product evenly and prevent clumping.
- Use short bursts of spray instead of holding down the nozzle continuously. This will help you to control the amount of product you use and avoid over-spraying.
- Apply the spray in layers. Start with a small amount of product and build up as needed to avoid weighing down your hair.
- Use a heat protectant spray before using hot tools. This will help to protect your hair from damage caused by heat styling.
- Use too much spray. This can make your hair sticky and weighed down.
- Spray too close to your scalp. This can create buildup and make your hair look greasy.
- Apply the spray to wet hair. This can cause the product to dilute and make it less effective.
- Touch your hair after applying the spray. This can cause frizz and disturb the product.
- Use a hairspray as a substitute for dry shampoo. Hairspray can make your hair sticky and stiff, while dry shampoo helps to absorb oil and refresh your roots.
- Use a hairspray that contains alcohol. Alcohol can dry out your hair and cause damage over time.
By following these do's and don'ts, you can get the most out of your styling spray and achieve the perfect hairstyle every time. Remember to choose the right formula for your hair type and desired style, and use it correctly to avoid any mishaps. Happy styling!